Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baby on the way- considering all my options!?

When my husband and I found out we were pregnant we had to make the same decision. The best way to handle it is to first see if it is financially feasible for you to be a stay at home mom. Take all of your expenses, household bills, travel costs, grocery bill, baby expenses, entertainment expenses, etc and add them up. Then take your husbands income and see if it would cover your expenses. You might need to make some sacrifices like not going out to eat for a while or not buying new clothes but if you can cover the necessities and you really want to be a stay at home mom then the sacrifices are no big deal. I am able to be a stay at home mom and I love it. But remember that being a SAH mom is not for everyone. Some moms function better when they are working, even if only part time. You should not feel guilty if you want or need to go back to work after your maternity leave ends. My mother went back to work and put me in daycare and I turned out fine. If you are worried about daycare maybe you could talk to family and see if you can work something out for them to watch the baby while you are at work. Make sure that whatever decision that you make is based on what is best for you and your family and not what other people think you should do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment